Monday, June 1, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Bridgewater, Nova Scotia




Dear Family,

I really enjoyed the conversation we had yesterday. I was very happy to talk to you all again. The internet worked for the most part. These next 7 months will go by fast and before you know it I'll be talking to you again.Thank you for your advice on the new mission president. I am sure that once I meet him, I will know he has been called of God. 

Wednesday was our meeting day. We had district meeting in Bridgewater this week. At District Meeting we talked about our contacting - how we need to be more real with people instead of being robotic. 

Stake Conference was so inspiring. Some things that stood out to me was the importance of a family counsel. They talked a lot about holding family counsels - how we shouldn't wait for a crisis to hold a family counsel. Elder Dunnigan gave a talk in the adult session about being accountable for our choices. He also talked about how Christ came to earth to pay a debt He did not owe. He talked about how the only thing that matters in getting a temple recommend is personal choice and personal worthiness. Singleness is only temporary when we keep our covenants. That was my favorite quote from his talk. 

Have a great week!

Love.

Elder OBrien

No comments:

Post a Comment