Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 13, 2015 - Woodstock, New Brunswick


Good Morning Family,

It has been a long busy week. I'm glad I have the day to relax and let all my stresses and the pressure I've been feeling go. Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and because it's another holiday we have to take turns e-mailing at the Church. Because I am serving in a American dominated branch I will not be having a Canadian Thanksgiving meal this year. But I am thankful for my family, for my mission, for my companions, for the gospel, for the area I'm serving in, for the missionaries, for the members, and for being able to serve a mission. I have many things to be thankful for. I am also thankful for all the beautiful fall colors that are starting to come out. 

Leaving a companion that you have gotten used to and that you're familiar with is no easy task. Thankfully I have done it 8 times now so I have been through it before. Saying goodbye to Elder Evans wasn't easy. We had a lot of fun times together and I miss him already. But I have made a pretty good transition so far. Elder Steimle reminds me a lot of a former companion. He is a very focused, skilled, straight-laced, thorough, and spiritually minded missionary. We have been getting along pretty well. He is pretty easy to talk to and is very mild-mannered. I have confidence in myself and that I am on top of things here in Woodstock. I know what each investigator needs, I know what each member needs, I know what needs to get done. I know more about the area than I think I do.

Wednesday, we went to an auto-body shop to get a quote on the lining of the clips of the front left tire. We ran over a racoon on the highway and it went up and over the tire breaking the lining of the clips of the tire.

The missionary fireside on member missionary work and the internet went pretty well. 5 members came and 3 of the Sister's investigators came as well. We were hoping for more people but there was a funeral the next day. It took a little longer than expected but everything went smoothly and we each took turns talking about each slide. I think the message got across about using technology for missionary work.

We had a lesson with an investigator on who God is and introduced the Book of Mormon to him. He has doubts about the Book of Mormon only because he doesn't know much about it. He is accepting of the truths we taught him so far and I could see him being baptized in the next few months. He is a truth seeker and truth seekers are what we went. 

Have a good week! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the older)

No comments:

Post a Comment