Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 13, 2016

Dear Family,

I am in a good amount of pain right now. I just had a tooth pulled and I have some gauze in it. I am praying for a speed recovery. They said it will take at least 4 months before they can replace it. They highly recommended that I get a implant as soon as possible while I'm young and still have a lot of life ahead of me.
As for the week itself, On Monday we picked up a new investigator that night. We knocked into him. He attended the Mormon Church 20 years ago with a member from Fall River. He isn't religious himself and doesn't believe in organized religion. 

TUESDAY: We received a referral from Kentville. We contacted him but there was no answer. We saw two of our investigators in the afternoon. We taught one about the Holy Ghost and we taught the other about fatherhood. After the lessons we tried to do the lemonade stand with the Sisters but unfortunately no one was out so we had to end it early.

FRIDAY: We had our normal weekly planning. After weekly planning we viewed an apartment because the mission told us to start look for a new apartment. Sadly, this apartment was really dingy and sketchy. So we don't think we'll be getting it :P.  

SATURDAY: We contacted on the Trans-Canada Trail in the morning but there weren't a lot of people out. In the afternoon we did a lemonade stand and this time it was a lot nicer. So we had more kids and young people come up and get some. After the lemonade stand we knocked. We did some family history at the library. We had games night at the chapel . We played chair soccer and ultimate Frisbee.

Next week is transfer week so P-Day will once again be on Wednesday. This transfer letter will be my last. It will be the last transfer letter with my name on it. It will determine where I will finish my mission. I don't think it would be a good idea for Elder McQuire and I to stay together another transfer. We both need to have a companion that is young and robust and will keep us going. We both go home next transfer and we are starting to get a little trunky.  We are both getting very tired and sleep deprived. I might end up doing a one and done area. Although it wouldn't be ideal for me but if it's Lord will then I will gladly do it. We will see what happens next Tuesday.

Pray that my mouth can make a speedy recovery and that I can perform the Lord's work to the highest of my ability. Pray that my teeth won't be affected by the missing tooth and that I will have no further dental issues on my mission. Pray that this won't affect my eating or speaking that much. I know that is a lot to ask for but I want to be able to effectively share the gospel with people with clarity and confidence and without any discomfort or pain.

Thanks! Have a good week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the older)

No comments:

Post a Comment